Do You Need a Hair Transplant Corrective Procedure?
It’s never a good day when you look in the mirror and decide that you are in desperate need of a hair transplant corrective procedure. Most of the time the clients that come to us needing hair transplant corrective procedures, need them due to a botched hair transplant. It’s likely left their hair looking like it belongs on a moth-eaten old doll pulled out of grandma’s attic. At times this unnatural “pluggy” result of the surgery is accompanied by hair growing at wrong angles. Additionally, you may notice unnatural hairline positions. However, when that sad day comes when you decide that it is time to consult a surgeon about a hair transplant corrective procedure, it’s best to be as informed as possible about the subject.
Hair Transplant Corrective Procedures Are More Common Than You Might Think
It is a common occurrence that Americans will travel abroad for medical procedures to places like India and Thailand. The costs of the procedures in such places are normally a fraction of the price. After all, it’s no secret that things cost more in some countries than they do in others. The same holds true for hair transplant corrective procedures. What the average American doesn’t understand is that the price tag that comes along with a procedure in the US is parallel with the experience, knowledge, and professionalism of the surgeon performing the procedure.
In other words, this means you can go to your local neighborhood homeless shelter and pay one of the unfortunate residents five bucks to remove your appendix, as long as you don’t expect to survive the procedure. Or, alternatively, you can travel to a reputable hospital and pay a licensed and experienced surgeon to perform the very same procedure with much more positive results. However, we are all very familiar with the accompanying bill that you will receive from the hospital afterward. We get it, nobody enjoys hospital bills showing up in the mail with the big CONFIDENTIAL on the envelope. However, you also get what you pay for. Even in the medical industry.
Regardless of this, people from all around the country still flock to places like Istanbul for hair transplants. In fact, Istanbul is currently experiencing a “boom” of hair transplant patients. Sure, there are many experienced and competent hair transplant surgeons in Turkey. We won’t argue with that. Furthermore, many operate above board in reputable clinics with good reputations. However, there are also many dangerous back-alley clinics there, that offer the same procedure for a much cheaper price.
Safety is the Number One Priority with ANY Surgery
These back-alley clinics often provide the service with sometimes even deadly results. Improper dosages of anesthesia can be deadly. Unsanitary conditions lead to infection. Performing long procedures are very dangerous as well. If you’re lucky enough to avoid the really bad stuff, you can still come out looking worse than when you went in. In the US, there are recourses and repercussions if a surgeon performs poorly or screws something up. Try navigating foreign legal systems and medical systems when bad things go down. It’s no fun and it’s not what you’re signing up for.
It is, for this reason, the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery (ISHRS) launched a multi-pronged public awareness campaign called Fight the FIGHT, seeking to inform the public about the dangerous, fraudulent, and illicit clinics performing hair restoration surgery. ISHRS’s goal is to not only educate the public about the foreign dangers of hair restoration surgery but also of some of the illicit clinics that operate here in the United States and Canada.
These clinics operate in a manner that allows a physician to buy a commercially marketable device that assists them in performing just a single step in the hair transplant or hair transplant corrective procedure. Then these doctors will outsource most if not all of the steps of the procedure to unqualified technicians instead of doing the transplant themselves, as they led their clients to believe would happen. ISHRS has become a leader in the front lines of the hair restoration industry and has hopefully assisted in the decline of hair restoration corrective procedures, due to their hard work.
Weighing Your Options for Hair Transplant Corrective Procedures
After attempting to save some money by undergoing a hair transplant by subpar clinics and physicians, both men and women from all over the globe have sought a hair transplant corrective procedure from the professionals of Best Hair. We offer the most professional and highest quality services for the most affordable price.
One of the most common reasons for a hair transplant corrective procedure is simply because a hair transplant performed ten years ago isn’t going to look as real and natural as one performed today. One of the main techniques of hair restoration a decade ago was the good ol fashioned hair plug. Sure, hair plugs were not ideal, even back in the day, but they were certainly preferred over an embarrassing bald spot. Unfortunately, hair plugs sometimes left ugly scars on the back of the head where the plugs were “harvested”. When giant chunks of hair were just moved around on the head, the result hardly looks natural. At first, hair plugs look ok but as time went on, the plugs would look less and less natural. More like hair glued to someone’s head. If that sounds like you, trust us, we feel your pain.
Early hair transplants also took a ridiculously long time to perform. A study from 1971 written by W.P. Unger stated that the entire process takes up to sixteen weeks to complete a procedure for a deep hairline recession. Fortunately, these techniques have gradually phased out due to new tech and techniques. Nowadays a hair transplant only needs to take 6-8 hours to complete with minimal, if any scarring to the head.
What to Expect When Shopping For a Hair Transplant Corrective Procedure
Regardless of the reason for needing a hair transplant corrective procedure, the step-by-step guide of what you should expect will be essentially the same at any reputable clinic. Listed below is a general idea of what those expectations could entail.
- Doctor Consultation: First, you will have a sit-down meeting with your surgeon. Here, you’ll discuss in depth what your actual goals for the procedure will be. This consultation will be a starting ground so that you and your doctor can mash out the details of your procedure. Construction or reconstruction of your hairline and how the original hair restoration procedure impacted your scalp will be of the utmost importance. It is during this visit that you can discuss the different modern hair restoration processes and their pro and cons. Finally, the doctor can give you directions for the days leading up to the surgery. Procedural preparation should also be discussed.
- Meeting with the Surgeon: On the day of the surgery, you will get to meet with the surgeon one last time to go over all of the details regarding the procedure. Again, discuss the goals from the corrective procedure that you may have. The doctor answers any and all questions you may have. If you’ve experienced a previous transplant, you should know the drill.
- Preparing for the Procedure: During this step you may have your hair washed by a technician. The surgeon marks the areas where the old hair plugs, or hair follicles will be removed. They also mark the areas where the new hair follicles will be harvested. At this time, if needed, we administer a local anesthetic.
- Removal of the past Hair plugs or follicles: Depending on the past method of hair transplant, the next step in the hair transplant corrective procedure will be the removal of the old hair. The method of removal will be up to the surgeon and dependent on what kind of past hair transplant you had done.
- Harvesting hair from the scalp: Regardless which kind of modern hair transplant method you have chosen, the next step in the process will be harvesting hair from the donor area. Donor areas are often times chosen where the fair follicles are thick, normally near the back of the scalp or the sides of the head.
- Processing and Grafting of the hair: You can’t just rip follicles out of the donor area and stick them in bald spots. You probably know that by now. The majority of the time spent in the hair transplant corrective procedure is spent processing and preparing the hair. After all, the goal is to present the most aesthetic value.
- Bandaging and final meeting with surgeon: After the final graft has been implanted, you’ll be bandaged up. Then you’ll have a chance to meet with the surgeon for a post procedure meeting. The doctor will go over all of the instructions needed and the proper aftercare protocols.
Knowing is Half the Battle…
The above is definitely not a set-in-stone guide of what to expect when undergoing a hair transplant corrective procedure. It’s more of a general list of what to expect when you’re in the hands of a qualified, professional clinic. Most reputable hair restoration clinics go out of their way to make sure that you are comfortable. They should keep you informed about the process that you are undertaking. At Best Hair Transplant, we’ve seen all the different ways botched hair restoration surgeries. We’ve perfected the many different ways to correct the mistakes made by other clinics and outdated techniques.
We’ve seen everything from improperly implanted hair follicles that just point in the completely opposite direction as the natural hair follicles, to surgically implanted hair plugs that are thinner than the rest of the hair on the poor individual’s head. We also understand that nobody wakes up in the morning and randomly decides to a get hair transplant corrective procedure just for the fun of it. Hair transplant corrective procedures are invasive and expensive. However, our appearance is important not only for our own self-esteem but directly influences how the world will perceive us. Confidence in our appearance allows us the ability to project that confidence back into the world.
Putting your confidence in Best Hair for your hair transplant corrective procedure will see that whatever issue you are having with your current hair transplant becomes a thing of the past. Whatever situation has caused you to read this article, our professionals at Best Hair can and will provide you with the best hair transplant corrective procedure available on the market, so that you can have confidence in your appearance.
SUFFERING FROM HAIR LOSS?
Best Hair Transplant is the best place to schedule your hair transplant in Los Angeles. We’ve helped both men and women regrow their lost hair. But don’t take our word for it. We suggest learning as much as possible about hair restoration. Do so prior to making a decision on how to address your hair loss. Not every procedure is right for everyone.
At Best Hair Transplant, we’re proud of our results and happy to provide hair restoration services. Additionally, we’re proud to make hair transplants affordable and help you save money on a variety of hair transplants.
To ensure your ease of mind, you can view our customer recommendations HERE. Furthermore, you can also see our Google reviews and Yelp reviews. We can’t wait to help you start restoring your lost hair.
YOUR HAIR RESTORATION SOLUTION
Best Hair Transplant
1970 S. Prospect Ave., Suite 2
Redondo Beach, CA 90277