After years of pretending that our hairline isn’t actually receding, and shuffling through a multitude of different hairstyles to make our thinning hair look normal, it always ends up the same. We come to the ultimate conclusion. We’re losing hair and it’s not getting any better without intervention. Over-the-counter and prescription options are definitely worthwhile and are part of any good hair loss toolkit. However, most patients need more. After other options have failed, you may come to see that a hair transplant is in your immediate future. But which country is best for hair transplant procedures?
After coming to terms with this idea the very next question that needs to be considered is, where is this procedure going to take place and, which country is best for a hair transplant surgery? The United States boasts one of the most expensive medical and plastic surgery industries in the world. The medical professionals here in the U.S. claim that it is also the best and that’s why it costs three, sometimes five times as much as the same procedures in other countries.
Which Country is Best for Hair Transplants Really Depends on What Matters to You
So, when tasked to find out which country is best for hair transplants you have to take into account many different factors. The first of which is what is your definition of “best”? If when asking which country is best for hair transplant surgery means which country is the cheapest, then great. It will be easy for you to simply get a bunch of quotes and pick the lowest one. Unfortunately, this might mean you are going to fly Somalia and get your hair hacked off with a machete in some half-blown-up basement. If your definition of best is a procedure by the most world-renowned hair transplant specialist, then the price tag for your procedure is going to have to be something you can afford.
The question regarding which country is actually best for hair transplants is one that is asked quite often. So often in fact out experts here at Best Hair Transplant have taken it upon themselves to dive right into that question so that you, as the consumer, can make that choice for yourself with all the facts at hand.
The Best Hair Transplant is Not Just Quality, Popularity and Price But All Three Combined
Getting the best hair transplant you can find has to involve many different factors in order for it to be the BEST. We have grouped the term “best hair transplant into three main factors that all break down into different subfactors, quality, popularity, and price. These main factors we have decided will be broken down into the subfactors of:
- Difficulty of travel from the U.S.
- Expense of stay
- Language barriers
- Patient experience at clinics
- Cost of Procedure
Now that we have nailed down the specific topics that we will use to measure exactly which country is the best for hair transplants. Let us take a look at all of the most popular countries in the world that people from all over the world have been traveling to for their hair transplants.
The Most Popular Countries for Hair Transplants
Most countries in the world offer some kind of hair transplant procedure regardless of the quality that they may afford. The general science between the major hair transplant techniques is the same as well as the tools used to perform the procedure. Delving into every country in the world that offers hair transplants would be impossible, so we have just detailed the most popular below.
Hair Transplants in Germany
Now known as the Federal Republic of Germany, Germany is the second most populated country in Europe. Germany also hosts one of the world’s oldest universal health care systems going all the way back to Bismarck’s social legislation of 1880. The entire population of Germany is covered by health insurance due to this legislation and numerous balances and reforms to this healthcare system. Because of this Germany is ranked 20th in the world in life expectancy.
If you decide Germany is the best country for hair transplants, Germany has some of the best festivals around. We all have heard of the epic Oktoberfest in Munich which happens toward the end of September, beginning of October. During Oktoberfest, Munich comes alive with parades, live bands, and of course hundreds of vendors offering delicious food and beer.
If food and beer aren’t your things, also in September the Reeperbahn Music Festival in Hamburg features over 350 live concerts. Over the course of four days and through underground clubs, grand buildings, and the Imperial Theater, the hundreds of different bands and live music acts rock the city of Reeperbahn.
How Germany Stacks Up
When deciding if Germany is the best country for a hair transplant, we compare Germany’s stats with our definition of “best” as stated above.
- Difficulty of travel from the U.S. – Flying to Munich from LAX will take you about 11 to 15 hours depending on layovers. Prices for economy tickets range from $600 to $650 round trip at time of the writing of this article.
- Expense of stay – Munich seems like it’s going to rank quite high in this category with numerous 4-star resorts with prices of only $80 and up per night. You can stay at the luxurious Hilton property in Munich for only $100 per night. If you are not interested in luxury and just want to save as much money as possible on your trip, there are several 2-star properties for as low as $35 per night.
- Language barriers – Germany comes in at 56% of the population speaking English with English being taught in primary school in most districts. This means you, as an English-speaking person can get by in Germany by only speaking English.
- Patient experience at clinics – It appears that a majority of Hair transplant clinics in Munich have either no ratings on Google or 4 to 5 stars. Whatclinic.com Shows an average score of satisfactory to good for all listed clinics.
- Cost of Procedure – The average cost of a standard hair transplant in Germany is $7,371.00 with each graft costing $2.93. This is only $0.07 lower than the global average.
Hair Transplants in Thailand
We have all heard about Thailand and the crazy adventures that an American tourist can have there. The tropical climate and the value of the U.S. dollar have tourists from the U.S. vacationing there since before the Vietnam War. Currently, one U.S. dollar equals 32.9 Thai Baht.
When vacationing in Thailand you can literally spend a few hundred dollars on the whole vacation’s entertainment fund and literally live like a king. The delicious cuisine, incredible architecture of the many Buddhist temples, and lively night scene make Thailand an excellent choice if you are looking for extracurricular activities prior to your hair transplant procedure.
Thailand ranks 6th and Asias 1st in the Global Health Security Index of all the Global Health Securities in 195 countries around the world. This makes the healthcare system in Thailand one of the best in the world with some of the lowest prices per procedure. Thailand has 62 hospitals accredited by the Joint Commission International.
How Thailand Stacks Up
So far Thailand seems like an excellent choice for your hair transplant but let’s compare Thailand to our “which country is best for a hair transplant” guild line,
- Difficulty of travel from the U.S.: Flights from LAX to Bangkok are looking like they take from 21 to 38 hours depending on layovers and are costing from $700 to $850 dollars round trip. That’s a long flight and it isn’t cheap but the money you will save after reaching Bangkok may be worth it.
- Expense of stay: This category will for sure be one of the selling points for choosing Thailand for your hair transplant destination. If fancy is what you are looking for you can stay in the five star, world renowned Okura Prestige Resort for only $91 a night. The normal 4-star resort price is $50-60 per night with the average two-star hotel coming in at a whooping $5 per night.
- Language barriers: Unfortunately, even with all of the English-speaking tourists flocking to Thailand, English is not very widely spoken by its residents. According to howwidelyspoken.com only about 27% of Thai residents speak English.
- Patient experience at clinics: Out of all the hair transplant clinics showing up on a google review search, not one of them has a lower than 4-star rating. With the high quality of medical care in Thailand it seems as though Thailand excels in this area.
- Cost of Procedure: The average cost of a hair transplant in Thailand is $5,650.
Hair Transplants in Poland
With Poland being one of the most popular destinations for hair transplants we would be remiss to not include them in our list. Poland’s healthcare system has become one of the best in the European Nations. Ever since Poland became part of Eurozone, Poland has also become one of the most affordable hair transplant destinations.
Poland has a wealth of different tourist attractions with beautiful mountain vistas, national parks to explore, and medieval architecture to tour. You can take a tour of the Wieliczka Salt Mine, which is one of the world’s oldest salt mines and has a chapel built into it completely made out of salt. Poland is also host to the Auschwitz concentration camp for those WWII history buffs.
How Poland Stacks Up
While Poland isn’t one of those stand out in your mind tourist destinations, let’s compare it to our which country is best for hair transplant criteria.
- Difficulty of travel from the U.S. – Flights from LAX to Warsaw take about 13 to 15 hours to complete depending on layovers and cost from $450 to $600. This seems to be about average flight time and costs for the most popular hair transplant destinations.
- Expense of stay: The cost for the fanciest 5-star hotels in Warsaw Poland range from $80 to $120 dollars per night. Not as cheap as Thailand but in the grand scheme not too bad. For your travel on a budget hair transplant seeker, one can find basic accommodations in Warsaw for as low as $20 per night.
- Language barriers: English is commonly a second language to the Poles with over 40% of the population being fluent.
- Patient experience at clinics: The reviews for the Polish Hair Transplant clinics on google are good. Over 90% of the clinics reviewed having four stars, or better, ratings.
- Cost of Procedure: The average price of hair transplant in Poland is $4550, the minimum price is $2700, and the maximum price is $10500
Hair Transplants in Turkey
Officially the Republic if Turkiye, Turkey is one of the most popular places people from all around the globe travel to for hair transplants. It is the place of one of the first known human civilizations yet is only a newly industrialized country. It has recently become one of the Emerging 7 Countries, due to its recently booming economy. Turkey is now one of the world’s top ten destination countries with most of the tourists coming from Europe. Istanbul is now the tenth most visited city in the world and that stat continues to grow year by year mostly due to the renovation of their cruise port known as Galataport.
Known as the bridge between Europe and Asia, Istanbul is a glittering standalone array of majestic architecture and adventure. From the bustling shops at the Grand Bazaar to the rising spires if the Blue Mosque, there is never a lack of things to do and see in Istanbul. The modern tourist can tour the actual headquarters of the powerful ancient Ottoman Empire, the Topkapi Palace, and all of the Ottoman-era treasures that it holds.
Currently, the hair transplant industry in Turkey is more than a one-billion-dollar industry. Hundreds of thousands of both men and women are packing their bags to fly to Turkey for their hair transplants. Because of this, the competition in Turkey is one of the fiercest in the industry. The Clinics there are constantly improving their methods and upgrading their technology as well as reducing their price to stay in the game.
How Turkey Stacks Up
Again, in order to find out what country is the best for hair transplants, we will compare Turkey to our defined criteria.
- Difficulty of travel from the U.S: Flights from LAX to Istanbul take from 16 to 31 hours depending on layovers and cost right around $650. It’s a long flight compared to our other countries but the price per round trip ticket is about the same.
- Expense of stay: The most luxurious fives star resorts in Istanbul average at about $150 per night. Not terrible when compared to U.S. prices but not quite as cheap as Thailand either. However, if you are just looking for a clean place to rest your head, right around $15 a night will have you covered.
- Language barriers: Unfortunately, you may have some difficulty communicating as only about 17% of the Turkish population speaks English.
- Patient experience at clinics: Istanbul has one of the largest hair transplant industries in the world. Also, the Turkish government offers monetary bonuses to medical clinics for preforming in the medical tourism industry. Because of this the clinics in Istanbul go above and beyond to provide the most outstanding patient experience possible.
- Cost of Procedure: The average cost for the hair transplant package in Turkey is $2,100, the minimum is $1,000, and the maximum is $4,300. This is by far the lowest cost per procedure we have found.
Hair Transplants in the United States of America
Whatever your feelings about the good old U.S., our country is known for providing some of the best medical expertise in the world. However, the United States spends more money on healthcare than any other nation in the world. And yet, it boasts the lowest life expectancy, the most hospitalizations from preventable causes, and highest rate of avoidable deaths.
The Washington Post ranks the U.S. as having the worst overall Healthcare system among the top 11 high-income countries in the world. This research relies on 71 performance measures, based on surveys conducted in each country and administrative data from the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development and the World Health Organization.
How the United States Stack Up
How does this depressing data affect the quality and/or price of a hair transplant? Well, let’s compare the Red, White, and Blue to our criteria and find out what county is best for a hair transplant.
- Difficulty of travel from the U.S.: Traveling from the U.S. to the U.S. is seldom difficult outside of traffic. However, the ease of travel is only worth it if the cost of the procedure makes up in value for the plane ticket and cost of accommodation.
- Expense of stay: Chances are if you live in a major metropolitan area, you can find a decent hair transplant clinic nearby. However, if you do have to pay for accommodations then we all know the price of hotels in the U.S.
- Language barriers: Unless you are scheduling your hair transplant down near the border of Mexico, you shouldn’t have any problems in this area.
- Patient experience at clinics: This criteria is actually where the United States will shine. Anyone with an internet connection and a half hour to spare can do the necessary research into a possible clinic to get a general idea of reviews. This will allow the patient to find a clinic that will offer the best patient experience possible for their hair transplant procedure.
- The cost of a hair transplant in the U.S. is generally around $4,000 to $15,000, making it one of the most expensive in the world.
So, What Country is the Best for Hair Transplant Surgery?
This list we have compiled in an attempt to find out which country is the best for hair transplant surgery is far from comprehensive. Countries like Hungry, Mexico, India, and Malaysia all have thriving hair transplant industries. We invite you to do your own research into these areas prior to making your decision.
If you have made it this far into the article, I’m sure that you can tell that Turkey is the best choice for a hair transplant if the price is your only or main deciding factor. And we understand. Surgery is expensive in the United States. When comparing it to the criteria we have created to really determine what country is best for a hair transplant, Turkey is the best if medical tourism is your favored or only option. Turkey has the lowest prices, affordable accommodations, and the best patient experience out of all the countries listed above.
However, we guarantee you that our clinics here at Best Hair Transplant rivals any you will find abroad, in Turkey, or elsewhere. Our hair transplant specialists have made hair transplants our business for many years. You don’t have to sit on a plane for 20 hours because we offer the most affordable rates in the business. We have people travel from all over the country to save money on their transplants without leaving the country. So if you’re looking to stay in the US for your hair transplant, Best Hair Transplant in Los Angeles should be your number 1 hair transplant choice.
SUFFERING FROM HAIR LOSS?
Best Hair Transplant is the best place to schedule your hair transplant in Los Angeles. We’ve helped both men and women regrow their lost hair. But don’t take our word for it. We suggest learning as much as possible about hair restoration. Do so prior to making a decision on how to address your hair loss. Not every procedure is right for everyone.
At Best Hair Transplant, we’re proud of our results and happy to provide hair restoration services. Additionally, we’re proud to make hair transplants affordable and help you save money on a variety of hair transplants.
To ensure your ease of mind, you can view our customer recommendations HERE. Furthermore, you can also see our Google reviews and Yelp reviews. We can’t wait to help you start restoring your lost hair.